Thursday 19 November 2009

Good night for us this week

The first team played well on Tuesday. Martin Wilson took advantage of some indifferent play by Dave Filer and won fairly quickly. I'm not sure Dave was exactly with it - early on after we started he came and sat down to continue playing against me at about move 10 !!!! Both I and my real opponent were a bit startled by this. I looked at Dave and said "Why are you sitting there?!" He got up in confusion. Oh well. I had a good start against Mark Page who has outplayed me a couple of times recently, so was pleased to have the edge. I would put the game on here but it contains an opening novelty which I want to use again and I don't want potential opponents seeing it. Anyway I offered a draw when I was still slightly better seeing that both Nalin and John Naylor were doing well. Nalin drew with Ed Goodwin - a good result against an experienced opponent and then John proceeded to outplay Dave Ireland - should see that tonight when we get to the Merchants!

So the C team drew - well done - I think Joe just missed out on a win, but I don't know what happened with the B team ???????